1. Remain civil. There will be debate on this site about America, but the primary purpose of Discuss America is sharing our experience and views. There is no simple rule to insure civility, but, there is one rule that will be enforced stringently, "critique the message, not the messenger". That is an easy rule to grasp, and enforce.
Example: Calling a person's comment a lie is allowed under this rule. Calling a person a liar, IS NOT. Visitor's comments, which in the view of the manager, violate this rule of civility, are subject to having comment privileges revoked.
2. Participants are required to provide a valid email address for them self when leaving a comment on this web site.
3. One real name or alias to be used for comments. Using multiple names and aliases is not permitted. If you wish to permanently change the name you use on DA, please email the manager for permission to do so.
4. Comments are permitted only on the topic of the article. Off topic comments may be removed at the management's discretion. If visitors have suggestions or complaints, they are to be emailed to the manager.5. Spam, advertisements, 'trolling' or 'flaming' are NOT permitted.
6. Posting of copyrighted materials in violation of copyright laws is prohibited. Refer to copyrighted material off-site by a linking to it.
7. Profanity is discouraged, and subject to management review and removal. Gratuitous use of profanity on a repeated basis is not allowed.
8. Discuss America is an English language site only.
9. Any person whose participation privileges are revoked, may petition to have their privilege reinstated. Use the Contact menu item. Such reinstatement privileges are entirely at the discretion of the manager.